Saturday, May 20, 2006

my week's deep thoughts... by tab

Has anyone seen the new promo for Family Guy this Sunday? It is touted as being something-tabulous! Is it freaking-tabulous? I cannot remember the first part, but it's the 'tabulous' I wanted to bring attention to. Yeah, my name is part of the word. I rule!


Ok, onto my week. One word- crazy. I had 3 interviews for assistants this week. Began training a guy. Have a 40-something order to combine VHS & VHS-C tapes to DVD. I am currently working on a big 16mm project to DVD plus the 13k foot order. I am currently 90 reels into it which means I have transferred exactly 5 hours worth of footage which comes out to about 4,500' of film. I stayed late on yesterday as there was one order due today at Richardson that consisted of 22- 50' reels. Took me about 4 hours to do. Whatever the runtime is of the order is going to take double that to complete. For example- if an order will come out to 2 hours of viewing time, it will take about 4 hours to complete that project. Well, it all depends on what size reels of film I have to work with. If they are big 400' reels, then it will take much less time. But, when it is a bunch of little 50' reels, it does take that long.
The training right now is not really fair to this guy as I have to concentrate solely on this huge order. It has to be done flawlessly. Why? Cos I want it that way. The client is paying good money for this & I want them to have the absolute best possible product- period. I take great pride in my work & representing this company.

My workouts have been good. My truck has been better. On the way home yesterday, about halfway into my commute, I was no longer able to get it into 2nd gear. But, as I pulled onto the last street (of course) I was able to finally use it once again. Weird. Oh yeah, and it sucked not being able to crank on the A/C. I think cos it revs the engine a bit higher than normal is why I cannot run it- it prohibits me from getting the transmission in gear at all. The A/C is perfect- ice cold air blows from it, it is just the transmission acts a fool when I do run it. Yeah, I was soaking wet when I got home & it absolutely sucked ass. Come the first week in June I will be in a financial position to take it in & have it checked & hopefully fixed. If not, then it will be sometime in June when I will be able to cover it. I'd like to get on with my life, but right now this transmission is a 'gold-digging whore'. I dumped $2,000 into the truck on Valentine's Day weekend, now I am estimating another $1,000 for transmission work & probably a new clutch. I am hoping it won't be that much, but I want to over-estimate and be prepared for sticker shock.

What sucks about my transmission is that I am going to miss a wedding cos of it. The wedding is in Rowlett, and I just don't feel comfortable in driving out there with the truck acting like it is. Heck, I hate driving around town cos of it.


On a happy note- The Simpsons is 90-minutes long tomorrow as is Family Guy. The Simpsons is probably 3 episodes (one being the season finale), but Family Guy is the Stewie movie, "Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story."

Is there anything else you'd like to know vigilant readers?

No comments: