Saturday, May 20, 2006

i'm no super-genius... or are i?

This is for you PC peeps...

I had enough of not being able to access Hotmail at home. Yes, I was running an illegal copy of WinXP Pro, but I had a legit copy. I never wanted to use it until I built my new PC. But, in light of recent findings (having decided to get a laptop this fall), I decided to wipe my harddrive clean and do a fresh install of my legal copy of WinXP Pro (which I have had since '02). I am now running that with SP2 and all the updates. It has taken me 3 days to complete all the downloads & installs, but I am now lawsuit-free! I am only using this PC for Internet & nothing more- no PhotoShop, no Illustrator, no nothing else. Hell, I am not even paying my bills with this thing as I don't have anti-virus on it (not going to re-install it). It is just strictly for email, Internet, and blogging. It was sure frustrating, but I did it. Running IE 7 Beta, too. It just feels good being legit & legal and all that jazz.

As for the laptop- I did decide to go wireless Internet on it. I think it'd be kinda nice to sit on the couch, sans cable, and surf if I so desired. I just hope me waiting until this fall will allow the PC makers enough time to crank out "Vista-Ready" laptops. I really want to be able to use that new O/S. I know- geek. I just have to stay up on things to be able to help others out.

No comments: