Saturday, June 17, 2006

thanks, buddy!

As you well know, I missed a day of work. Why? I made myself sick due to someone making a claim against my department that we do not do our job.


I am going to call the "man" in question Liar. Mr. Liar is claiming that my ex-assistant (he is no longer working for me as he found a new job a while back), who I will call Jim, was working for me at the time and actually ran this jerk's film.
Liar is claiming that Jim did not transfer 500' of his order. How is this possible when Liar has a log sheet that states precisely the amount of time his 500' of film, how many feet are in each roll, and all the problems that happened with his film? How is it that we have all that information not only documented in a printed log sheet AND invoice, but in a handwritten log sheet, too?

When I spoke to the technician who helped Liar, they said he was very polite, courteous, and according to the workorder, Liar has even paid for shipping out of his own pocket. I have also to release this bit of information: the project was completed, and picked up over NINETY DAYS ago. Yes, over 3 months has since passed. Are you kidding me? You mean to tell me this guy paid over $200 for us to not just transfer this to MiniDV, but clean and repair it, too, and he waits over 3 months before he comes across this little alleged "oversight"? Another interesting bit of info is Liar had the store he was at transfer the MiniDV tapes to DVD, too. The staff remembers completing this, so they know the tape & DVD exist.

Liar is a complete punk. Why he cannot just fess up to the fact he either lost the tape and/or DVD, or he has ruined the DV tape and/or DVD is beyond me. Be a friggin' man about it, Liar. You have not only stolen money from the company by fabricating this false accusation not only on me & my ability to run the film department, but you are also calling Jim incompetent and a slacker. You have also affected me by making me miss a day of work.

Anyone that knows me knows I love my job. Period. No if's, and's, or but's about it. Everyone knows how much I sincerely do care. If I did not care, then I would not have put in the overtime I did the week prior to Memorial Day to ensure our customers got their orders on-time even though some of the staff made some orders due on a day we were closed. Plus, if I did not care, then I would have been fired a long time ago. I do my best on each & every order and I not only demand that from myself, but from my assistants. Their work is a reflection on me, my training & my standards. I would never intentionally screw over my best friend's family's business as I do not think it is important enough for me to slack and lose their trust & respect. Evidentally I know what I am doing and I do a damn good job or else I would not be off-site and left alone without any supervision, not to mention I am responsible for the entire film dept. you just do not give someone that much responsibility of they are not responsible, trustworthy, or reliable. Period. Mr. Liar claiming we did not do our job is a direct insult on my department & staff.

Here is my theory on what happened because the staff at the store remembers transferring Mr. Liar's MiniDV tapes to DVD.
1. Mr. Liar paid over $200 for his order and he waits over 3 months before this "problem" was discovered? I can understand couple of weeks, but not over 12 weeks before going through one's pricelss family history.
2. The fact he was so nice when going back AND paying (out of his own pocket) for us to ship this out to him is very questionable. When a store does indeed make a mistake, the store goes above & beyond and pays to ship the client's stuff out to them so they do not have to be inconvenienced again by making an unnecessary trip back to the store. When our customers expect us to do as good a job as our reputation boasts and we let them down, those customers let us know the are not happy with something. Never has any customer, to my knowledge, ever come back after being let down, and been so accomodating. No one in their right mind would pay for shipping when we have let them down we we have honestly messed something up. Mr. Liar lives quite a distance from the store he was at and for him to be "inconvenienced" and not expect some kind of compensation is asinine. All I know is he will get what's coming to him. Liar has a very questionable character and he may not get his today, tomorrow, or next week. But, Liar will get what's coming to him sooner or later. He may have a lot of "paybacks" coming to him, so this incident might take some time to get to, but he'll get what's coming to him. What goes around, comes around.

No comments: