Tuesday, June 20, 2006

beefcaaaaaake!

What I am about to tell you will make 99.9% of anyone who reads this disgusted with me... Back when I was running 3 days/wk and that was all the exercise I was doing, in a month and a half I lost 10 lbs. and that was 10-15mins just walking and the remainder (15-20mins) was spent jogging. Now, those of you who know me understand that I did not have 10 lbs to lose. All those fatty jokes are irony.


Ever since the week after Spring Break (I took Spring Break off from doing any exercising) I have been hitting the weight room at the apt complex.


Over the weekend while looking in on Dad & Nancy's pups I weighed myself. I was absolutely thrilled with what I saw on the scale. I checked it 3 different times to confirm the results and they were identical each and every time. Here is what it read: 140.5 lbs. YES! I have gained 5 pounds! I just knew the results I am seeing in the mirror were not delusions of grandeur. I just knew what my eyes are seeing is legit results. I have noticed a bit of growth in my legs and throughout my upper body. All it takes is some patience, discipline, and commitment.


Working out has helped me deal with a lot of stress, and has just made me feel better about myself. Now, it doesn't help with all stress, but it sure has made me feel so much better about everything. Couple that with going to church once/wk and reading at home has really given my life new direction and meaning. My family has helped in supporting, and encouraging my new direction my life has taken me, as has another family who has been more than supportive and eager in helping me grow spiritually. I am so thankful for them, their support, nurturing, and knowledge they are passing on to me.


It is 6:30 and I need to get ready for work! I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

No comments: