Tuesday, December 23, 2008

from my youth


Just watched this movie after not having seen it since junior high/high school. It's funny to me, and a select few. I don't think that anyone of this generation might appreciate it near as much as someone from my generation. Geesh. I hate sounding like that, but it's the truth. The spoofs today aren't creative. This is gritty, low-budget, poor acting, 1980's crap- and I love it!
The transfer is fine. It shows the age of the film with all its scratches and dirt flecks in digital glory. There are only three options on this DVD: play movie, select chapter, and watch trailer. No inserts. No nothing. Just good stuff. I mean, look at the cover. Notice the shoes the girl is wearing. Blue Sperry top-siders. If that isn't 80's, I don't know what is.

No comments: