Tuesday, February 13, 2007

throwback desserts

I just thought of this tonight and I am staking claim to this- any, and every time, I decide to go down memory lane, I am calling it 'throwback (insert word(s) here)'. My first example tonight is 'throwback desserts'.
These were the best. I tried one from this decade and they suck. It was a ding-dong. It was in a plastic wrapper. Gone are the days when they were caressed by aluminum foil. The formula has changed for the creme filling and it is awful. I dare not try a cupcake for fear of the same disappointment. I must leave my memories untainted.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ding Dongs do come in tin foil. You are a Ding Dong

Tab said...

Shows you what I know. Back when I tried one several years ago, they were wrapped in plastic. I can't remember if it was white or clear (seems to me it was white), but they were wrapped in plastic. I guess there was a huge public outcry for the return of the foil.
My bad.

Unknown said...

i was always so jealous of the foil-wrapped ding-dong at lunch time at arapaho elementary.