Tuesday, August 29, 2006

it's 56 degrees & something else

in Amarillo. So close. Ok, so not really close at all, but at least is it a sign of things to come. I am not as optimistic as some in thinking that we have turned the corner to cooler temperatures. I recall several Septembers that have been unseasonably hot. I'll believe it when I feel it.

On another note- ever since Saturday afternoon I have been taking care of Dad & Nancy's dogs. During the week it means I wake up at 4am to get my workout in, make sure the pups have plenty of time to get out, play, stretch their muscles, get outside, etc... It's just 5 days I have to adjust my schedule to make sure that others are taken care of, looked after, and happy. It's a small sacrifice to make when you look at the big picture- it's for my family there are 365 days in a year. When you consider those two factors- it's not a second thought in my mind. Heck, it never is a second thought to begin with. When I am asked, I always say 'yes' without hesitation as I know it puts their minds at ease knowing I am looking after their house and their dogs, and it saves them money. It also eases the stress on the dogs as they are not taken out of their comfort zone. They like staying at home.

All I am saying is this- if someone asks you to do something that might cause a slight adjustment in your daily routine, and it will not conflict with plans you absolutely cannot break (i.e., as in the middle of a workday & you simply cannot do it, a doctor's appointment- something along those lines), then that is understandable. It will make their day and it might just make you feel good about yourself in helping out a friend or family.

No comments: